In the beginning of the year I wasn’t doing my work and Ms.Bailin was telling me that kids didn’t want to work with me. Now in the 2nd quarter of the year I have been doing my work and I have 2 A’s and 1 B. I think that is a real improvement for me.
The project I’m most proud of is my digitally recreated Red Badge of Courage scene 2. I’m most proud of that because I did it myself, got it done on time, and I got a 100 on it for technology grade.
The most challenging project of the year so far was the Thematic Causes of the Civil War. The thing that I found most challenging was getting to five minutes of explaining topics that explain my main cause.
My favorite project of the year was the digitally recreation of the scenes. That was favorite because I think it was the most creative project. I also had a good time creating them and using sound effects for a mood.
My hope for the 2nd semester is that we really get into battles and the concentration camps of WWII. I want to get into depth with WWII. I also want to learn about pearl harbor.
I agree that there has been a large improvement in your work from the first quarter. The red badge of courage scene was a very fun project, and i am also pretty proud of the way that mine turned out. i think that it will be interested to work through WWII, and pearl harbor, as they were important pieces of our history as americans.
ReplyDeletei agree that the scene projects were fun because the picture it makes, and also agree that you have improved a lot since the first quarter. Overall you put lots of thought into this post.
ReplyDeleteYou have defiantly improved in your work over the last few months. I think more people will begin to want to work with you now because of your creativity, and your good job on the scenes. I too loved the ability to be creative with the scenes. Being able to show what you thought it meant, and give you the ability to "paint" the picture that you see when you read the quote. How do you think that some simple sounds can set an entire mood for the presentation? Your scenes came across as an intense mood, but how do you think that just that music and sound effects could do that if you didn't have them would there still be an intense mood?
ReplyDeleteI have also realized, like you, that doing the work first and getting it done, works out much better in the end than procrastinating. I procrastinated on the Civil War project with made it very hard for me too, and almost didn't get done. It was a bit challenging to get everything up to 5 minutes, with I made on the dot, five minutes exactly.
WWII is a touchy subject for me with the concentration camps, because some of my older relatives died in the holocaust. But I am really excited for Pearl Harbor too, even thought I don't know too much about it. Second semester is going to be a whole new ball game!
I am also pretty proud of the way my RBOC scenes turned out. I got kind of frustrated with my thematic causes of the civil war too. I think that by the end of the year that you will have mastered all the technology programs and create fantastic projects. All you should have to do is practice and work for it. Why are you interested in the concentration camps of WWII?
ReplyDelete@Eric: I don't think that if I had removed the sound effects and song the mood would've stayed intense because you just saw some pictures moving around on the screen. It's like what movies do they play music to let you know this a calm part or an intense and scary part.
ReplyDelete@Kira: I'm interested in the concentration camps of WWII because I don't know much about them same with Pearl Harbor. Also this is the time frame of a lot of new technology.
ReplyDelete